As the name suggests, ‘Barfi!’ one of the sweetest films ever made in Bollywood, completes 4 years of its release today. It was 14th September, 2012 when the Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D’Cruz starrer film hit the screens. The Anurag Basu directorial, Barfi! came along with a lot of controversies that alleged half a dozen scenes of the film were lifted from other movies. But, no matter if the scenes were copied or they just inspired Basu; there is no denying the fact that it was a true entertainer and a heart-warming film that touched our hearts.
Here we bring to you a few reasons why we love ‘Barfi!’
- ‘Barfi’ Himself: Barfi! Just like the unique name, the character he played was also very special. Ranbir Kapoor as a deaf and mute flirty boy! Full of innocence and humour and of, course Romance. Our hearts swayed too when he tried to impress Ileana in the film with his witty actions. He looked too cute even when his heart broke.
This film played a very crucial role in shaping Ranbir’s career as a star! With this performance, he not only won audiences’ heart but critics also went on praising him.
- Priyanka Chopra: Playing a young autistic role is one of the most challenging role Priyanka has ever played on screen. Nevertheless, she didn’t fail to nail it with her splendid acting skills too! As she innocently fell in love with ‘Barfi’, the way she used to get jealous and possessive about Barfi left us all awestruck. Her character was cuteness personified which she truly justified!
- Music: The music of this film gave us some real awesome tracks to add to our playlists. ‘Kya Karoon’, ‘Phir Le Aaya Dil’, ‘Barfi’, ‘Saawli si Raat’ are still enjoyed and loved by audiences. And it was this film which finally brought first-ever Filmfare award to Pritam. Papon’s ‘Kyun’ is my personal favourite!
- Relationship Goals: Both Ranbir and Priyanka shared a super cute and amazing love bond. One being deaf and mute and other being mentally challenged, never failed to express love and understand the same. And how can one forget their signature love act! Holding each other tiny finger while sleeping; being assured of each other’s presence and togetherness. They not only gave relationship goals to Ileana in the film but to us too! Both slayed it with their innocence and chemistry.
- Roller-Coaster Ride of Emotions: We love the way Barfi! made us go through series of emotions, all at once! It made us laugh at a moment and left us teary-eyes the very next moment. It made us go inquisitive, confused, angry and awestruck throughout the film and gave a heart-warming experience; which very few films are able to do!
- The Best-Ever Love Triangle: Poor Ileana! She had to reject Ranbir Kapoor under-pressure even when she didn’t want to! Further, her mother got her married to a wrong stupid person who never felt love for Ileana! But, as she went to meet Barfi after several years, she sees him leading a happy life with Jhilmil (Priyanka), she never tried to spoil it all. Rather, helped them bring together again after Jhilmil goes out missing. One of the best love triangles! Isn’t it? The list may go endless!