4 Natural ways to protect your skin before and after Holi
Holi is the festival of colors and joy. Traditionally, Holi was played with flowers and herbal colors. But over the years, artificial and synthetic colors have replaced them. The market is full set with the stock of harmful colors which might take you to your dermatologist after you play Holi with them.
As we know, “precaution is better than cure” so why not you take care of your skin, nails, and hair before having fun on this Holi? Well, we have some easy tips for you to follow before you tighten up your shoes for playing Holi with your friends and family. Not only this, we want you to remain safe after playing with colors as well so for that you need to scroll down to following some simple tips.
You should do it before playing Holi:
1. Sunscreen is the best solution to protect your skin with harmful colors. Sunscreen lotion protects your skin not only from harmful rays of sun but also helps you to protect from harmful effects of synthetic colors on your skin. So, take lotion in your palms and apply it to your skin. You can replace sunscreen lotion with Mustard Oil.
2. If you are planning to play Holi with full enthusiasm then make sure you apply hair serum to your hair to protect them from harmful colors and chemicals. If you don’t use hair serum then you can use coconut oil for your hair.
3. This Holi make sure you tie your hair with a band or you can make French ponytail. You will look stylish and also you will be successful in protecting your hair.
4. If you want to protect your nails then you can apply transparent nail polish on it. And if you don’t want colors to enter in side space of your nails then apply coconut on your fingers properly.
The real struggle begins when lock yourself in your bathroom for hours to remove colors from your skin. But this year, forget all the struggle and follow these tips after you come back home.
1. Use Coconut Oil or Vaseline lotion to remove color from your face and hands. After that, you can use water to clean yourself properly.
2. After your bath, apply good nourishing lotion to your skin because colors will make your skin dry and rough. To avoid this you can follow this tip sincerely.
3. Use a lot of plain water to clean your hair properly. After you wash your hair with plain water, use herbal shampoo. It will make your hair healthy and will remove all the colors from your hair and skull.
4. Make sure you don’t rub your skin so much. Use only cotton or soft cloth to rub on your skin. Colors will take time to get off your skin.
This Holi doesn’t rigid yourself to play less. Holi is festival of love and happiness. Enjoy the fullest and Happy Holi!