Interior design trends 2022 are proving to be Instagram-worthy looks you’ll certainly want to replicate in your home. This coming year, design is getting comfortable with current vogues that’ll go the distance, a few oldies making a comeback, and timeless classics holding strong.
1. A Nod to Natural Elements – Wood, greenery, natural light, the texture and warmth that comes from nature cannot be replicated by anything human-made. These elements also offer ease to an indoor space much in the sense that a walk in the woods soothes the soul. With so much more time spent at home, it’s no secret people are looking to enhance the relaxation and calm feeling of their homes, and we will be seeing more pieces that evoke those feelings through natural elements such as wood tones, plants, green tones, and marbling. Furnishings of white oak with curves bring a fresh and soft wavy feeling. From curved corners within walls and cabinets to curved backs of sofas, dining chairs and arched cabinets, the angular line of furnishing is softening.
2. Colorful kitchens – Amidst the pandemic, our design choices has revolved around countering instability and uncertainty – the use of comforting neutrals and cozy soft furnishings to cocoon ourselves. But as we slowly emerge, with a feeling of hope and positivity for the future, bright and optimistic color combinations throughout the home will become more appealing. While it’s easy to fall in love with trendy colors, be mindful of creating a cohesive scheme. Everything from large accents, all the way down to the smallest finish needs a curated touch.
3. Bold Patterns and Colors – We expect to see a lot of bold color and pattern reminiscent of the 60’s and 70’s, and green in all shades as we continue to bring the outdoors in. Also, a neutral color base opens up an array of possibilities for your home interiors. By sticking to basic hues, you always have a forgiving canvas. Choose paint colors that make your raw materials feel right at home. Think stone greys, tinted blacks, and off-whites.
4. Sustainability – Sustainability has become a major issue for everyone, as it should. Looking into the sustainability of everything is a must and it is really excellent that so many designers are trying to learn what the best materials are to use for the long-term health of our eco-system.
5. Smarter Furniture – There’s a strong movement towards multifunctional spaces. It’s no wonder furniture design follows suit. After all, the flow of a home depends largely on the elements within its structure. And if you can cater to intimate social gatherings and reading nooks in one space, it’s all the better.
Inputs by Mr. Niraj Johri, Founder, Casa Decor.
About Mr. Niraj Johri:
Niraj Johri is the Founder of Casa Décor – a home decorative hardware and accessories company that offers a range of luxurious furniture, Christmas décor, Kitchen and Garden, and Metal Figurines. Mr Johri started the company in 2008 after successfully graduating from the University of Greenwich. Inspired by the huge market opportunity in exporting artisanal hardware and accessories for the home furnishing industry, he was instrumental in diversifying the market presence of Casa Décor across the Americas and Europe.
Today, with over a decade of rich experience in the industry, Casa Décor, under his guidance, has now expanded its distribution, social development contribution, digital footprint and won various industry awards. The company will continue to leverage his knowledge base, personal and brand equity, and distribution reach under his stewardship to launch its retail presence which it hopes to unveil soon.