Do you feel self-conscious while raising your arms in presence of others? Or have you completely stopped wearing sleeveless dresses and tops because of your dark armpits? If your dark underarms make you feel embarrassed then read on because we’ve got some great solutions for you.
For all of you who have lost hope and you have started feeling as if your underarm skin will never be back to normal skin tone, here are 5 home remedies you can use to get the kind of armpits you only dreamed of:-
Turmeric is truly a magical ingredient that can easily be found in our humble Indian kitchens. Turmeric has medicinal properties and is known to naturally brighten the skin.
What you’ll need:
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 1 teaspoon honey
Just mix all ingredients together to form a thick paste. Apply it on your armpits and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it with plain tap water. Regular use of this mixture will lighten the dark skin.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a natural exfoliator and helps in removing dead skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties that soothe the skin and also nourishes it.
You’ll need a natural aloe vera leaf or organic aloe vera gel if you don’t have access to aloe vera plant.
What to do:
• Extract fresh pulp from aloe vera plant.
• Apply it on your armpits and let it sit for around 15 minutes.
• Rinse with water.
3. Multani Mitti
Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth helps in exfoliation of dead skin cells. It also helps in removing impurities from the skin and opening up the skin pores. Hence it lightens the underarms.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 2 tablespoon Multani Mitti
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste and apply it on your armpits. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse later. Apply this mixture twice a week for best results.
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and has high citric acid content. It hence makes for an excellent bleaching and exfoliating agent. For this method, all you need is a lemon. Do the following for best results:
• Rub half a lemon on your underarms before going for a bath.
• Leave the lemon juice on for 5-10 minutes before bathing.
• Do this every day for a week and you’ll start noticing the results.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has mild acids that help in getting rid of dead skin cells. It works as a great disinfectant that also helps in lightening the armpits.
You’ll need the following:
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
Follow these steps for best results
• Add vinegar to baking soda and let it bubble up.
• Once the bubbles subside, apply this mixture on the affected area and let it dry.
• Rinse with cool water.
Repeat this process for three days a week to see the results.
Potato is another natural bleaching agent and anti-irritant. It provides instant relief from skin irritation and patchiness. It helps to cure pigmentation of the skin. Just one potato is needed for this measure and the following steps are to be followed:
• Peel a potato and grate it.
• Squeeze out the juice from the grated potato and apply it on the underarms.
• Rinse off the skin after 15-20 minutes.
Repeat this measure twice a day and get brighter and lighter underarms.