7 actors who failed in Bollywood but got successful on Television!
To make an identity of your own in Bollywood sans any filmy connection is an achievement in itself; to maintain that identity and stardom in this cut-throat industry is yet another task. Getting a break is no less than a dream come true but one just can’t breathe a sigh of relief here. After making good debuts in B-town, some actors still disappear into oblivion while others try their luck on television. And today, we talk about the same – actors who found success in television after having a flop run in films.
1. Aasif Sheikh: The very handsome and talented Aasif Sheikh started his acting career with ‘Hum Log’, India’s first daily show on television. He then forayed into the world of films where he was majorly offered side roles. He, however, had a far better run on television with shows like ‘Yes Boss’. And today, the 53-year-old handsome hunk is a household name in India because of his fine performance as Vibhuti Narayan in ‘Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain’.
2. Ashish Chaudhari: This actor also debuted on television before paving way to movies. Known for films like ‘Dhamaal’ and ‘Qayamat’, Aashish is back on TV and currently playing the lead character in a show called ‘Dev’.
3. Nakuul Mehta: The ‘Ishqbaaz’ actor has a massive fan-following today. He made his debut with Bollywood film ‘Haal-e-dil’ which not only slumped at the box office but also went unnoticed. But then, Nakuul tried his luck on TV with ‘Pyar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara’ and created a massive fan base. Then ‘Ishqbaaz’ happened, which further added to his stardom.
4. Rupali Ganguly: The Monisha from ‘Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai’ made her Bollywood debut opposite Govinda with ‘Do Aankhein Baarah Haath’.
5. Zayed Khan: SRK’s funky brodah (brother) from ‘Main Hoon Na’ failed to prove his acting prowess in the filmdom and hence soon vanished from the industry after doing a few films. But last year, he made a comeback, but on television.
6. Vatsal Sheth: He made his debut with ‘Taarzan-The Wonder Car’ but then delivered an array of unnoticed and forgettable films. Second and better innings of his life began with his stint in TV shows like ‘Ek Haseena Thi’ and ‘Haasil’.
7. Ronit Roy: The biggest name in the televille today, Ronit Roy has actually played lead roles in a few Bollywood films which didn’t work wonders for his career. Ekta Kapoor brought him back to acting world with Kasauti Zindagi Kay as Mr. Bajaj. There is no looking back since then.