Bollywood actresses who became successful after separating from husbands!
Bollywood is not much kind to its women. The hunks of B-town continue to rule even in their 50s, on the other hand, just getting married can heavily affect an actress’ career. To sustain a happy married life, actresses have to bid bye to their flourishing careers. But wait, there are also actresses who achieved success only after their marriage failed.
1. Aditi Rao Hydari: Very few people know that this gorgeous diva, who belongs to a royal lineage had got married when she was only 17. But at the age of 21, she separated from him. By then, the actress had done a few roles in Southern films but commercial success came to her only after she separated from her husband.
2. Chitrangada Singh: Chitrangada Singh was married to popular golfer Jyoti Singh Randhawa but the couple their 13 years long marriage in 2014. She became a sensation with Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2003) but after that film, the stardom didn’t sustain. She got roles but nothing worked much. It was only after separation that ‘Aao Raaja’ song happened and she came back to limelight. She is now gearing up for Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3, which is expected to the most pivotal role of her career.
3. Kalki Koechlin: One of the most intellectual diva of Hindi Film Industry, Kalki Koechlin entered films with Anurag Kashyap’s Dev D. She was brilliant when she played Chanda in her debut film. Well, this film not only got her oodles of critical acclaim but also gave her, her life partner, Anurag Kashyap. But the couple separated some years back. And the actress who earlier did only side roles came back with a bang with Shaitan, which came after her divorce with Kashyap.
4. Mahi Gill: The Dev D girl who also happens to be a big name in Punjabi film industry, Mahi too had a failed marriage. But looks like, the separation proved lucky and she reached zenith of success with Dev D, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster series and Punjabi films. She blames her immaturity for the separation. However, she is still friends with her ex husband.
5. Mallika Sherawat: It was only after her divorce with Karan Singh Gill that Khwahish and Murder happened to her.