Consumption Of This Medicine During Pregnancy Can Make Your Child Mentally Ill
Pregnancy is the most important time of any woman’s life. Experts say that having good food during this time has a direct effect on the health of the unborn baby. This is the reason why during this time a woman is advised to consume nutritious food, taking special care of her health. As important as pregnancy is, it is also delicate for both the mother and the baby. Unhealthy habits during this time can have a long-term effect on the child. Not only this but women are also advised to take special care about the consumption of medicines during pregnancy because the effect of wrong medicines can also put the health of the child at all kinds of risks.
In a recent study related to this, experts have told that excessive consumption of a common medicine used during fever can affect the mental health of the child. Let us know in this article that experts have cautioned about the consumption of which drug in the study, as well as how it can affect the child?
In a study published in the European Journal of Epidemiology, researchers have reported that a high intake of paracetamol during pregnancy can affect the child’s mental health. This can lead to the problem of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in childhood. Experts have come to this conclusion based on a study conducted on more than 70,000 children.
Unborn baby in the womb
During the study, scientists found that the problems of mental diseases were seen in the children of women who consumed more paracetamol (acetaminophen) during pregnancy. Of the children who were exposed to paracetamol before birth, 19 percent of the children had Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and 21 percent of the children had symptoms of ADHD.
Gynecologists tell that women need to take special care of health during pregnancy. These five things everyone should keep in mind:
- Women may feel low in energy due to the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy. These problems can also be reduced by taking short sleep. Adequate sleep during pregnancy is very important for the health of both mother and baby.
- It is extremely important to keep the body hydrated during pregnancy, keep drinking water from time to time.
- Excessive consumption of caffeine should be avoided during pregnancy, as it can harm the baby.
- Pregnant women should not smoke at all.
- Exercising can reduce mental health and complications caused by pregnancy. Do light level exercise regularly on the advice of an expert.
Study author Jordi Sunyer explains that based on this study it can be said that pregnant women or children should consume paracetamol only when it is very much needed. Consumption of paracetamol in minor problems can affect the mental health of children. Due to this, children can have all kinds of problems like irritability, inability to concentrate, forgetting things.