Feeling Exhausted? Know The Top 5 Ways To Deal With Work From Home Stress
Coronavirus has not only affected our health, but it has also messed up our work lives. Sitting for long hours, handling work calls, online meetings, and deadlines have surely taken a toll on our physical and mental health. Work from home is not as easy as it seems. Then how do we de-stress and take a break from the confines of our home?
Do not worry! Here are a few tips to deal with the work from stress and feel rejuvenated.
- Separate Space – This is the most important thing if you want to de-stress and take a break from your work. Have a separate workspace in your home. Do not sit and work on your bed or places where you relax. Having a separate space for work ensures that when you take a break, you have a different environment to relax and unwind.
- Take Frequent Breaks – We often exhaust ourselves and feel proud about it. Taking frequent breaks during your work will not only enhance your productivity but will also help you focus better. Taking short frequent breaks will keep your mind fresh and you will be able to deliver more in less time.
- Self Care – Health is wealth. We are living in uncertain times. No work, no meeting, no job, or anything is more important than your mental and physical health. Do not feel guilty if you wish to take a break from work or want to sleep for an extra hour. Your body needs rest. Listen to your body when it feels exhausted. Go for spa sessions or meet your friends on weekends. Just remember, no one can be productive 24×7. We all get tired and it is absolutely fine. Self-care is what will help you stay more productive and satisfied in your work life.
- Stay Hydrated – Long work hours and stress can often leave your body dehydrated. Keep a bottle of water next to you when you sit to work. Keep a track of how many bottles of water you drink in a day. This will not only keep you hydrated but also help you detox.
- Get Up and Stretch – The long hours of sitting in one place can cause stiffness and fatigue in your body. One should stand up for every 30 minutes of sitting. Just move around, stretch your body, maybe go for a run. The idea is to move your body to enhance blood flow. It will help you stay active and improve your focus.
Feeling exhausted is natural. We all are new to this work-from-home situation, but we will get through these tough times. So next time listen to your body when it needs a break. Indulge in some self-care and try to strike a balance between your work and personal life.