Free Vaccine To Citizens From 18+: PM Modi Announces New Policy; Check Highlights
The Prime Minister of India announces a new policy. He addressed the nation to follow all the guidelines, which will be issued regarding the policy disclosure. “Twenty-five percent of the vaccination work with States will be taken care of by the Centre. In the coming two weeks, the guidelines will be implemented in the formation of every State. Both State and Centre will be following the guidelines and work accordingly,” Modi said.
The Centre’s new policy takes over after getting slammed by Supreme Court. Driving the earlier vaccination policy for the 18-44 age group, it was called “arbitrary and irrational” by the court. Given a budgetary allocation of 35,000 crores, the Centre had not been utilizing it for the citizens of India. Supreme Court questioned the Government of India on that and ordered for inoculating the age group free of cost.
Getting back to the announcement by Narendra Modi, he also addressed the states that from 21st June onwards, every citizen should get the vaccine free of cost, and there will be a significant increase in the supply of vaccines around the States in the coming days. Later, he added, “Work on producing an intranasal vaccine for Covid is also happening.”
Presently, India comes with 1,00,636 fresh Covid-19 cases and 2,427 deaths, recorded as the lowest in 61 days. The decline of the graph led to low testing this Sunday, revolving around the number of only 15.87 lakh samples whereas average samples of 20 lakh were tested last week.
The key highlights of the announcements made by PM Narendra Modi:
1. The Centre will buy 75% of the total vaccine production from the manufacturers and provide the States free of cost.
2. Rest 25% needs to be procured by the private hospitals, and those who are willing to pay for the vaccines.
3. Private hospitals can charge a service fee of Rs 150 per person.
4. Centre will take over the process of providing free vaccines to the 18-44 age group from June 21.
5. The Centre will continue providing ration-free ration to the 80 crore beneficiaries (of the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojna), till Diwali 2021.