Estee Lauder, M.A.C, Bobbi Brown…..
So much of posh in one line isn’t it? The aforesaid cosmopolitan makeup brand names need no introduction in style and fashion industries. The makeover specialists all over the world drool over these brands, and we can find numerous ‘brand aficionados’ since these brands’ public introduction. Undoubtedly the best in business are these names for its unmatched customer satisfaction!
We have known and loved these iconic brands for what they offer in their array of products. An essential part of a woman’s life is her cosmetics and this love being the reason, their brand consciousness is obvious! Talking about the quality produce, Estee Lauder, M.A.C and Bobbi Brown fall in the above par criteria. These brands did not come with magic and have taken years of efforts to reach this far.
There are the style influencers and beauty enthusiasts working their hearts out behind them, and we can’t thank them more for not settling on anything but sheer perfection when it comes to skin care and makeup products. Every success has a story, and these brands do not fall behind! We on and off talk about the new product launch from M.A.C cosmetics and another spellbound Estee Lauder skincare regime. But, we’re certainly unaware of the process it takes before launching or some interesting stories that they hold.
Scroll down to catch some fun stories about your favourite, rich makeup brands.
‘All great things begin with a vision.. A dream’ – Estee L. These are the words of the founder Estee Lauder. She saw a dream year before, and the rest is history. The global leader in skincare and makeup products has some surprising facts behind the success.
- To start with, Estee Lauder’s real name was Josephine Esther Mentzer, but her family members developed the habit of calling her ‘Esty’ which sounded like ‘Estee.’ An official in her school misspelled ‘Esty’ to ‘Estee’, and the rest needs no introduction further. (source: http://infomory.com/facts/facts-about-estee-lauder/)
- We find every local and international brand to come up with different kinds of Serums these days. And if you’ve got the hint, yes! Estee Lauder was the first one to introduce Serum into the beauty industry. She was one of those who understood it real quick that our skin repairs itself the most at night, and if a light textured layer would be applied, it will soaked-up easily to the skin pores. So, that is how the Night Repair Serum came into existence, and it was also the first one to use an apothecary-style brown bottle to help protect the formula’s active ingredients. (source:https://www.esteelauder.com/estee-stories-article-5-things-you-didnt-know-about-estee-lauder)
- Estee Lauder was Time magazine’s only female business genius who made it to the top 20 in 1998. The company was ranked as having a revenue of $4.744 billion. (source: http://infomory.com/facts/facts-about-estee-lauder/)
No wonder why Estee Lauder is the mother company to so many other cosmetic brands like M.A.C and Smashbox! It was her vision, and she thrived to achieve it!
Makeup Art Cosmetic, that’s what is called as M.A.C., just if you don’t know! The brand came into existence by a frustrated photographer and makeup artist when the makeup on models’ faces looked shabby in the pictures. Beauty salon owner Frank Angelo and photographer Frank Toskan created M.A.C. cosmetics in their kitchens to fulfil their professional makeup needs. Just like the shades of Ruby Woo Lipsticks and all the fuss about the limited edition cosmetics, M.A.C. ruled the markets ever since.
- Getting started with how people turned towards it. As the M.A.C.’s website states, it all started with Madonna’s application of its matte red lipstick in of her photo shoots. It caught the attention of every beauty enthusiast back then, and in the late 80s, she wore the M.A.C. t-shirts to fuel up the journey. From then till now, the brand is gaining a huge fan base by the days passing.
Ever heard of Viva Glam? Yeah, you’re guessing it right! It’s a campaign run by M.A.C. co
ioneer in HIV/AIDS funding and the most abundant corporate non-pharmaceutical giver providing support for a cure. Hollywood celebrities like Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus and from the recent ones, Ariana Grande has also been involved for the same.
- A.C.’s lipstick sale is higher than any other non-drugstore brand. That’s according to research conducted by the NPD Group in 2012. M.A.C.’s lipstick sales even beat the Estée Lauder’s Pure Color Lipstick. Today, M.A.C. is sold in 106 countries and territories.
- In the year 1998, Estee Lauder bought M.A.C. and became its parent company. Needless to say, it hasn’t touched quality and popularity of the brand. (Source:https://www.allure.com/story/mac-makeup-surprising-facts)
Another pioneer of makeup and skincare arena! Bobbi Brown. The brand is 26 years young in this industry, and yet it has made its mark! Competing with 5 decades or more old cosmetic brands were never easy, but Bobbi Brown made it. The founder is a beauty enthusiast, and a fact about her is she always does her own makeup. Guess her favourite makeup spot. Home? Studio? No! She loves to do it in her car, and yes, she can do it without the mirror. Practically, we don’t doubt it, do we? With the range of classics Bobbi Brown cosmetic has to offer, we don’t!
- In an interview with Byrdie, Bobbi Brown revealed her story. It was when the trend is of fairer skin and red lips; she felt the urge of creating something natural. Natural in terms of hues. She wanted something that compliments the real beauty of the person and not the artificial ‘more is more’ cosmetic trend. That was the time when Nude shades were born to rule the beauty industries forever. She introduced 10 nude shade lipsticks, and the response was unbelievable!
- The most talked, most loved and most bought ‘Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner’ has an exciting emergence story in itself. It came in as an accident. Every other makeup brand you come across today offers Gel Eyeliners, but the introduction of first-ever gel liners was by Bobbi Brown! “It all happened because I was in Telluride, Colorado, and someone was coming to shoot me for Architectural Digest,” she says. “I went to do my makeup. And I opened my bag and realized, I have no eyeshadow, I have no brushes… but I have mascara! So I took a Q-tip, took off the fuzzy stuff, dipped it in the mascara, and I lined my eye. It worked so well! I did the shoot, and it was still on my eyes the next day because I had no eye makeup remover.” A few calls later to her lab and marketing department, the cult-fave was born.(source: http://www.byrdie.com/bobbi-brown-interview)
So, liked what you read here? These style influencers and the brand success stories show how passion, vision and consistency are all we need! Pick the one which inspires you the most or stick with your current favourite brand, and grab all the new launches or limited edition beauty and makeup products at Shoppers Stop, hassle-free. Happy shopping to you, beauties!