You won’t believe Shahid Kapoor rejected these 6 films!
Shahid Kapoor is certainly one of the finest actors we have in our country! From a mere chocolate boy image, the actor rose up to show his acting finesse in films like Haider, Kaminey, and Udta Punjab. However, one can’t ignore the fact that in his career of 15 years, Shahid has done dozens of pathetic films. Something was really wrong with his choice that he did Dil Boley Hadippa just after the release of Vishal Bhardwaj’s Kaminey; his life-changing film Jab We Met was followed by Kismat Konnection (one of the most disaster movie he has ever done) and then, after garnering oodles of appreciation for Haider, he chose to do Shaandaar!
But, luckily, his career graph looks a little stable now. After delivering a moving performance in Udta Punjab (2016), the actor was lauded for his performance in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon (2017) and then he had a super blockbuster this year, Padmaavat.
However, surprisingly, Shahid has rejected more hit films than the number of good films done by him! This may sound harsh, but that’s the sad reality. And here we bring to you 6 movies rejected by Shahid Kapoor, which went onto become hits on box office.
1. Rang De Basanti: Shahid once revealed in an interview that he regrets turning down a role in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Rang De Basanti. However, he didn’t mention which role was offered to him. As per rumours, it was the role of Sidharth.
2. Shuddh Desi Romance: Shahid did agree for Shuddh Desi… but the film went through a lot of delays and setbacks so he turned down the role. Hence, it eventually went to Sushant! Well, this one isn’t worth being regretted!
3. Raanjhana: He rejected this one because romantic hero roles were not working well for him. At that time, Mausam and Teri Meri Kahaani had just failed miserably, so he feared playing a romantic hero yet again.
4. Rockstar: Shahid didn’t actually reject this one as he just had to choose one from Rockstar and Jab We Met! Imtiaz had offered Shahid JWM as well as Rockstar and asked him to select one. He chose JWM and missed out on Rockstar in the process.
5. Bang Bang: He chose Haider over Bang Bang and we feel, it is probably the best decision ever taken by him!
6. Rajneeti: As per rumours, Ranbir’s role was first offered to Shahid in this film. But he felt that presence of so many big stars like Ajay Devgn, Arjun Rampal, Nana Patekar, etc wouldn’t get him much attention. So, he ended up saying no to this one.
By the way, in terms of rejection, we are glad that Shahid has also rejected some major flops like Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara and Gori Tere Pyaar Mein! Interestingly, all these films went to Imran Khan and tanked his career! Ouch!