What Did Actress Juhi Chawla Have To Say After Being Fined $20,000 In The 5G Case?
Days after Juhi Chawla’s petition challenging 5G wireless network technology was rejected, the actress on Wednesday said her message got lost in the noise.
Juhi Chawla said in a post on Instagram that she aimed to know whether 5G technology is safe for everyone or not. In the video message, the actress said, “There has been a lot of noise in the last few days due to which I could not speak. In this noise, I felt that I have lost an important message that we are not against 5G. We welcome it. Let’s bring it. All we are saying is that the authorities should make it clear that 5G is safe.”
Juhi Chawla said we are only asking that the authorities certify that it is safe. Bring research on this in the public domain. So that our fear goes away. Let us all go and sleep peacefully. Tell that it is safe for pregnant women, children, and us. That’s all we asked for.
Let us tell you that Juhi Chawla had moved the Delhi High Court on 31 May against the installation of a 5G wireless network in the country and raised issues related to the effect of radiation on people, animals, and flora and fauna.
Juhi Chawla’s petition against 5G
The Delhi High Court had last week termed the petition as “defective” and “against due process” while imposing a fine of Rs 20 lakh on Juhi Chawla and co-petitioners social activist Viresh Malik and Tina Vachani. At the same time, the court had said that the petition was filed to ‘come into discussion’ and was a mere publicity stunt.